An exciting new opportunity has been created in our busy Drawing office, reporting to our Head of Steel Detailing.
To support our quality control procedures your role will be to undertake an independent check of Steelwork 3D model & fabrication drawings prior to their release to production.
You will need to be a competent user of AutoCad & Tekla structures and have the ability to communicate technical subjects.
This role would suit a steel detailer looking for a new opportunity as experience of the job is essential.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Work in accordance with the Drawing Office checking procedure.
- Undertake the following tasks:
- To check that all detailing is carried out in accordance with the relevant British Standards and the current Company Standards.
- To check the Tekla Model against design calculations.
- To check that information shown on the Arrangement drawings conforms to the client’s specification and design calculations.
- To check that fabrication drawings have the correct welds and conform to Company Standards.
- Accurately record electronically the checks carried out.
- Make suggestions for improvement opportunities.
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings.
- Attention to detail.
- Analytical, accurate and methodical.
- Effective teamwork and good communication skills.
- Desire to generate […]