As a result of team growth, we have a vacancy for an Estimator/Bid Manager, working within our busy Sales discipline on both steel and cladding, predominantly design & build projects.
You will join a motivated and successful sales team, with supporting interfaces to Business Development, Contracts, Design and our Drawing Office. You will be responsible for estimating new projects for our UK and export markets, preparing and presenting bids, building relationships and negotiating with clients/main contractors in order to win orders.
Experience within the steel and/or cladding industry in a similar role is desirable.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Taking an inclusive, collaborative and creative approach to winning business.
- Providing sales estimates and proposals to our established customer base.
- Working with Business Development to ensure proposals fit with client expectations and achieve our corporate goals, objectives and targets.
- Liaising and communicating with the commercial discipline and suppliers and contractors to achieve best material prices, quality and lead-time.
- Communicating closely with customers to understand project requirements.
- In addition to bid preparation, chair handover and technical launch meetings to our delivery teams and ensure accuracy of information transfer.
- Being client facing; customer visits and some travel may be […]