*experienced candidates and trainees considered*
Due to continuing growth and internal progression, we are looking for an experienced steel erector. As a key member of the site team you will construct steel structures from large aircraft hangars to grandstands and highway bridges with all their steel components and associated roof and wall cladding.
You will have the opportunity to work on prestigious construction projects in the UK and potentially overseas.
In addition to experienced steel erectors, we are keen to discuss trainee opportunities for candidates with a great attitude and desire to start a career in the structural steel industry.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Read and understand drawings and follow safe working practices in the preassembly and erection of structural steelwork at low and high levels.
- Sling loads, signal and work with cranes.
- Working at height and operating high level access equipment e.g. Mobile Operating Platforms (MEWP’s).
- Erect steelwork.
- Operate site plant and equipment.
- Fit prefabricated sheet metal (flashings and trims) and structural decking.
- Install roof, vertical and horizontal cladding systems.
- A full UK driving licence is essential.
- A valid CSCS Steel Erector and / or Cladder card resulting from NVQ (preferably L3) assessment.
- A valid CPCS Slinger / Signaller card (desirable but not essential).
- A valid MEWP operator card (desirable but not essential).
- Be willing to work away from home in the UK and overseas; this is a key part of the role.
- Team player
- Hard working
- Positive attitude
- Attention to detail
The above list is not exhaustive but it covers the main duties of the Steel Erector.
There may be other duties, not mentioned here, which become part of the job.
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org