John Reid & Sons (Strucsteel) Limited is seeking a Cladding Draughtsperson to join our busy Drawing Office.
The position offers interesting and varied opportunities to work on projects for our clients in both the UK and overseas.
Based in Christchurch, Dorset, we’re a well-established and forward-thinking business which values its people and has exciting plans for the future.
The role of our new Cladding Draughtsperson includes detailing cladding for steel framed buildings, structures and associated items.
This will involve the preparation of detailed cladding and decking arrangements and sheet metal fabrication drawings to enable the accurate manufacture and installation of cladding, decking, flashings, gutters and associated sheeting materials.
The main duties and responsibilities are:
- Complying with all relevant company Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental policies.
- Preparing cladding layout drawings and flashing and gutter details.
- Liaising with in house designers, steelwork draughtsperson, project managers and construction team as well as external design team meetings with architects, engineers and clients.
- Liaising with Works Manager, Production Manager and factory team regarding drawing issues and queries.
- Assisting with site surveys when required.
- Creating flashing, gutter and fabrication drawings.
- Preparing lists for manufacturing, purchase and despatch.
- Issuing and monitoring Requests for Information (RFIs) and responding to site queries.
- Preparing internal drawing registers, issuing site drawings and parts lists.
- Attending launch and project meetings.
- Working closely with project managers and the bid team to identify variations as the project progresses.
A range of key skills are required for the role. They include:
- Previous cladding detailing experience in a similar industry.
- AutoCAD or similar software.
- Attention to detail.
- Commercial Awareness.
- Organised and methodical
- Able to self-check their own work to a high standard.
- Able to work under own initiative.
The above list is not exhaustive but it covers the main duties of the role. There may be other duties, not mentioned here, which become part of the job
We are recruiting for this position as demand continues to grow for our services in the design, manufacture and construct high-quality steel structures.
These include industrial buildings, aircraft hangars and their electro-mechanical doors, warehouses, stadia, multi-storey buildings, car parks and bridges, as well as defence equipment, manual and electric roller shutter doors, windows, cladding and curtain walling.
Our company values are central to how we work and everything we do. We have a ‘One Team’ ethos which puts people and safety first to deliver for our customers.
We believe our people are our company – where team members are valued and treated with mutual respect within an inclusive and diverse culture which is open to all.
We prioritise safety over profit, and responsibly manage the impact that our business has on the environment.
Integrity is at the heart of all we do which means we believe in transparency, openness and honesty while embracing a ‘no blame culture’ in order to learn from mistakes, embrace change and drive continuous improvement.
We were the first contractor to sign the UK Steel Charter, have exported to more than 140 countries to date and are a four-times winner of the Queen’s Award’s for Enterprise (International Trade).
If you are interested in this role please send your CV to email@example.com.