John Reid & Sons (Strucsteel) Ltd has three great opportunities for people to become part of its talented team.
We have new openings for a Site Manager, Estimator/Bid Manager and Purchasing Administrator.
Site Manager: Based at REIDsteel’s office in Christchurch, Dorset, but also working away from home to manage any of the company’s UK construction sites. They will:
- Actively promote a safety first approach to the erection of structures
- Produce RAMS, erection sequences and crane lift plans
- Manage site labour and plant
- SMSTS, CSCS Managers’ card, AP, full UK driving licence required
Steel and cladding experience is required for this role.
Estimator/Bid Manager: Responsible for preparing sales estimates, proposals and bids for design & build and pre-design projects. They will:
- Work collaboratively with the wider team to generate competitive bids
- Work closely with customers, business development and project managers to see bids through to fruition.
Previous experience of estimating in steel and/or cladding sectors is essential.
Applications would also be welcomed from graduates with a relevant design, technical or QS degree, looking to begin a career in estimating/bid management.
Purchasing Administrator: To support the company’s buyer with day to day purchasing tasks, including:
- sourcing materials
- obtaining quotations
- placing purchase orders
- assisting with supplier management
Excellent communication and organisational skills are required along with great attention to detail.
This role would suit a strong administrator keen to progress into a career in purchasing. Experience in a purchasing environment and/or of construction or manufacturing sectors would be advantageous.
These new openings are an exciting opportunity to join a well-established and improvement-driven business which values its people and is a great place to work.
REIDsteel’s values are central to how it works and everything it does. It has a ‘One Team’ ethos which puts people and safety first to deliver for customers.
If you are interested in any of these opportunities please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a full job description.