REIDsteel are manufacturers of both external and internal fire doors and screens. Our steel fire doors and fire screens meet BS476 Pt 22 standards.
The steel framing of the door we produce uses patented hollow galvanised steel sections which are powder coat painted to client requirements. The same framing is available in stainless steel brush grain or mirror polish finishes.
Using a single skin on the fire door or fire screens, the passage of fire and inflammable gases can be prevented for time spans of up to 120 minutes for screen and up to 180 minutes for fire doors.
Double skin insulated fire doors and fire screens can, additionally, prevent the passage of radiant heat from the fireside to the non-fire, thus preventing the spread of fire by spontaneous combustion. Time spans up to 120 minutes for fire screens and up to 60 minutes for fire doors.
Glazed fire door and screen options:
- Wired safety glass, providing integrity only.
- Multi-laminated glass providing both integrity and insulation.
- Double-glazed units for higher performance of integrity and insulation.
Our internal and external fire doors and screens can also be supplied with powder coated painted panels.
We can supply curtain walling, and windows (glazing) with the same fire resistant capabilities.
Additional options for external and internal fire doors and screens:
- Ballistic protection – as well as fire protection the same or similar materials can be used to protect against ballistic attack to all levels under BS5051. Most thicknesses of bullet resistant glass can be accommodated.
- Blast – designed as a primary protection system, to prevent integrity failure of the glazing and framing support. The system can achieve protection from various explosive risk placed with a close proximity to the glazing.
- Bandit – the anti-bandit system is designed to offer protection from forced entry using crowbars, vehicles, levers or glass removing devices and from repeated physical attack.
- Smoke (to BS3855) – the smoke resistant system will retain and control hot or cold smoke and poisonous gases. It can prevent smoke building-up within the safety areas by dispersing smoke through automatic roof ventilators to the outside atmosphere. Opening windows and single action doors are double sealed with heat resistant gaskets.
- Sound – the sound reduction system offers protection to bS5281 achieving a noise reduction of 31.8 decibels. Higher levels of sound reduction can be achieved when the sealed glazing units are filled with inert gas.