We design, manufacture and construct high quality steel structures including industrial buildings, aircraft hangars and their electro-mechanical doors, warehouses, grandstands, multi-storey buildings, car parks and bridges, as well as defence equipment, manual and electric roller shutter doors, windows and curtain walling.
We are looking for a Trainee Fabricator/Welder to join our manufacturing workshops in Christchurch.
This role will involve predominately MIG welding.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Complying with all relevant Company Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental policies.
- Fabricating, welding and associated activities for manufacturing structural steel sections.
- Welding to BEN 9606 2004 standard.
- Producing accurate finished work from engineering drawings.
- Working to welding execution classes 2/3.
- Operating work equipment safely, ensuing that safety checks are carried out.
- Wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for all work tasks.
- Hard working and team player
- Attention to detail.
- Being able to communicate at all levels.
- Flexibility to take on new tasks if requested.
The above list is not exhaustive but it covers the main duties of the QHSE Administrator.
There may be other duties, not mentioned here, which become part of the job.
Please apply to email@example.com