We design, manufacture and construct high quality steel structures including industrial buildings, aircraft hangars and their electro-mechanical doors, warehouses, grandstands, multi-storey buildings, car parks and bridges, as well as defence equipment, manual and electric roller shutter doors, windows and curtain walling.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Tekla Detailer to join our busy Drawing Office, based in Christchurch, Dorset. The role will see you working on a wide range of projects with varying steel structures for both our UK and overseas markets.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in a similar role and be able to effectively manage their workload whilst working to tight deadlines.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Complying with all relevant Company Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental policies.
- 3D modelling and detailing of steel framed buildings, structures & associated items using Tekla 3D detailing software
- Preparation of detailed general arrangement and site installation drawings.
- Creation of fabrication drawings including editing to enable accurate steelwork manufacture.
- Prepare lists for manufacture & purchase
- Schedule bolt and location lists.
- Liaise with architects, engineers, clients and the design team.
- Work with in-house structural engineers, cladding, production & construction teams.
- Assist with site surveys when required
- Manage RFI’s, variations & site queries
- Assist shop floor with drawing queries.
- Prepare drawing registers and issue of arrangement drawings and parts and fixing lists.
- Previous Tekla steelwork detailing experience.
- Some cladding experience would be useful but not essential.
- Attention to detail.
- Working as part of a dynamic team to meet deadlines.
- Being able to work on your own and/ or, as part of a team with a minimum of supervision is essential.
- Organised and methodical.
The above list is not exhaustive but it covers the main duties of the QHSE Administrator.
There may be other duties, not mentioned here, which become part of the job.
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org