We design, manufacture and construct high quality steel structures including industrial buildings, aircraft hangars and their electro-mechanical doors, warehouses, grandstands, multi-storey buildings, car parks and bridges, as well as defence equipment, manual and electric roller shutter doors, windows and curtain walling.
As a key member of the Stock Yard / Shotblast Operative team you will select correct sections and grades of billets of steel, flats and angles. You will also handle steel sections using various types of crane systems and forklift trucks. You will process steel that requires treatment through the pre-treatment machine (shot blaster) and despatching this to the relevant workshops.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Complying with all relevant Company Health, Safety and Environmental policies.
- Ensure that all work carried out is done safely in accordance with the Company’s Health, Safety and Environmental policies and appropriate Risk Assessments.
- Movement of steel sections and fabricated steel members around our work, in and out of fabrication workshops, to include the loading and unloading of trucks and trailers using a side loader of overhead gantry. Move crates or materials using a forklift truck.
- Move fabricated steel members, bundles of materials and crates of small parts at our factory. Ensure correct slinging and signalling procedures to be used when steelwork or other materials are being handled by mobile crane.
- Banksman duties.
- Plant and equipment maintenance.
- Ensure that the workshop is kept clean and tidy.
- Report any unsafe acts or condition to the Foreman and/or Works Manager.
- Training in crane/forklift operation advantageous but not necessary.
- Be able to recognise different steel section grades
- Good team work.
- Attention to detail
The above list is not exhaustive but it covers the main duties of the QHSE Administrator.
There may be other duties, not mentioned here, which become part of the job.
Please apply to email@example.com