We design, manufacture and construct high quality steel structures including industrial buildings, aircraft hangars and their electro-mechanical doors, warehouses, grandstands, multi-storey buildings, car parks and bridges, as well as defence equipment, manual and electric roller shutter doors, windows and curtain walling.
As a key member of the erection team you will construct steel structures from large aircraft hangars to grandstands and highway bridges with all their steel components and associated roof and wall cladding.
You will have the opportunity to work on prestigious construction projects in the UK and potentially overseas.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Complying with all relevant Company Health, Safety and Environmental policies.Ensure that all work carried out is done safely in accordance with the Company’s Health, Safety and Environmental policies and appropriate Method Statements/Risk Assessments.
- Possess the ability to read and understand drawings and follow safe working practices in the pre assembly and erection of structural steelwork at low and high levels.
- Sling loads, signal and work with cranes.
- Working at height and operating high level access equipment e.g. Mobile Operating Platforms (MEWP’s)
- Erect Steelwork
- Operate site plant and equipment
- Fit prefabricated sheet metal (flashings and trims) and structural decking
- Install roof, vertical and horizontal cladding systems
- A full UK driving licence is essential
- A valid CSCS Steel Erector and / or Cladder card resulting from NVQ (or equivalent) assessment
- Slinger / signaller
- A valid CPCS Plant Operator card or IPAF for MEWPS Operator card is desirable but not essential
- Be willing to work away from home in the UK and overseas; this is a key part of the role
- Team player
- Hard working
- Positive attitude
The above list is not exhaustive but it covers the main duties of the QHSE Administrator.
There may be other duties, not mentioned here, which become part of the job.
Please apply to email@example.com