We require a Sheet Metal Operative to join our busy sheet metal workshop. You will work from our technical drawings to manufacture sheet metal components such as trims and flashings for our steel structures. Experience in a similar role of working in a manufacturing facility or in a similar industry would be advantageous, but we would consider a trainee.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Complying with all relevant Company Health, Safety and Environmental policies and appropriate Risk Assessments
• Using and interpreting engineering drawings
• Marking out material and templates
• Operating a guillotine and brake press (CNC operated)
• Using a radial drill
• Cutting, folding and edge rolling sheet metal
• Jig-saw cutting
• Strong maths skills
• Practical skills
• Keen to work
• Good team player
• Attention to detail
The above list is not exhaustive but it covers the main duties of the Sheet Metal Operative.
There may be other duties, not mentioned here, which become part of the job.
Please apply to email@example.com