We design, manufacture and construct high quality steel structures including industrial buildings, aircraft hangars and their electro-mechanical doors, warehouses, grandstands, multi-storey buildings, car parks and bridges, as well as defence equipment, manual and electric roller shutter doors, windows and curtain walling.
Our company values are central to how we work and everything we do:
• We prioritise safety over profit
• All of our activities are carried out with safety in mind
• Safety is the first consideration before work commences
• We responsibly manage the impact that our business has on the environment
Transparency and openness
• We believe in transparency, openness and honesty and the importance of sharing our plans and performance with our team
• We understand the impact of our actions on the team and our external stakeholders
• Integrity is at the heart of all we do
No blame culture … open to change
• We seek solutions, not scapegoats
• We use our continuous improvement culture to improve the way we do things every day
• We learn from our mistakes and embrace change
• When an error occurs, we identify the root cause and implement changes to prevent recurrence
• Our people are our company, together we are one team
• We treat our team members with mutual respect
• We promote an inclusive and diverse culture open to all
• We work as one team across functional disciplines to deliver for our customers
We are looking for a competent and enthusiastic QHSE Assistant with experience in a fast-paced and process driven Construction, Manufacturing or Engineering environment.
Reporting to the Quality, Health, Safety & Environment (QHSE) Manager, this new role will involve audit administration in order to maintain our accreditations to ISO 9001, 14001, 45001, and with a view to encouraging continuous improvement across the company.
A working knowledge of ISO 9001 and 14001 and 45001 is beneficial.
A qualification in internal auditing would be advantageous although not essential as training would be provided for the right candidate.
Working knowledge of “Plan, Do, Check, Act” (PDCA) would also be advantageous.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Complying with all relevant Company Health, Safety and Environmental policies.
• Conducting internal audits relating to the Quality (Including Factory Production Control) and Environmental Management Systems.
• Collating records and data relating to waste and energy management.
• Recording and facilitating the close out of Non-Conforming Reports (NCRs).
• Producing accurate reports on quality, health, safety and environmental performance.
• Assisting in the management review of the company QHSE management systems, including taking meeting minutes as required.
• Taking minutes at various QHSE meetings.
• Liaising with departments around the business to follow up on agreed actions.
• Assisting the QHSE Manager with general administration as requested.
• Strong Administration Skills
• Attention to detail
• Flexibility to take on new tasks as required.
• Excellent communication
• Working knowledge of ISO 9001 & 14001 & 45001
• Proficient user of MS Excel
The above list is not exhaustive but it covers the main duties of the QHSE Assistant.
There may be other duties, not mentioned here, which become part of the job.
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org