We design, manufacture and construct high quality steel structures including industrial buildings, aircraft hangars and their electro-mechanical doors, warehouses, grandstands, multi-storey buildings, car parks and bridges, as well as defence equipment, manual and electric roller shutter doors, windows and curtain walling.
Our company values are central to how we work and everything we do:
- We prioritise safety over profit
- All of our activities are carried out with safety in mind
- Safety is the first consideration before work commences
- We responsibly manage the impact that our business has on the environment
Transparency and openness
- We believe in transparency, openness and honesty and the importance of sharing our plans and performance with our team
- We understand the impact of our actions on the team and our external stakeholders
- Integrity is at the heart of all we do
No blame culture … open to change
- We seek solutions, not scapegoats
- We use our continuous improvement culture to improve the way we do things every day
- We learn from our mistakes and embrace change
- When an error occurs, we identify the root cause and implement changes to prevent recurrence
- Our people are our company, together we are one team
- We treat our team members with mutual respect
- We promote an inclusive and diverse culture open to all
- We work as one team across functional disciplines to deliver for our customers
We are looking for an experienced Fabricator/Welder to join our manufacturing workshops in Christchurch.
Evidence of recent coding would be advantageous.
This role will involve predominately MIG welding. Experience of TIG welding would be advantageous.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Complying with all relevant Company Quality, Health, Safety and Environmental policies.
• Wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for all work tasks.
• Operating work equipment safely, ensuing that safety checks are carried out.
• Fabricating, welding and associated activities for manufacturing structural steel sections.
• Welding to BSEN 9606-1 2017 standard.
• Producing accurate finished work from engineering drawings. Completing quality checks/sign offs.
• Logging fabrication times for live recording of progress on STRUMIS management system.
• Keeping the workshop area clean and tidy.
• Hard working and team player
• Attention to detail.
• Being able to communicate at all levels.
• Flexibility to take on new tasks if requested.
The above list is not exhaustive but it covers the main duties of the Fabricator/Welder.
There may be other duties, not mentioned here, which become part of the job.
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org