An opportunity has arisen for a Document Controller to join our busy Drawing Office. Reporting to the Drawing Office Director, the successful candidate will be a key member of the project team, managing technical documents and drawings for all of our projects in accordance with our internal processes and the Main Contractor’s unique processes. This role provides essential support to the smooth and effective running of our projects.
Experience in a similar industry and a previous role working with a range of document management systems is desirable.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Comply with all relevant Company Health, Safety and Environmental policies.
- Ensure that all work carried out is done safely in accordance with the Company’s Health, Safety and Environmental policies and appropriate Risk Assessments.
- Utilise an effective document control system for all live projects, ensuring that it is tailored to suit the needs of the Company.
- Ensure version control and that all relevant people always have access to the latest documents/drawings.
- Maintain accurate records of all drawings and other construction documents issued by consultants and contractors through each stage of the project, processing a large number of documents daily, including printing and distribution.
- Establish from the outset a close relationship with the Drawing, Glazing, Design and Contracts disciplines within the Company.
- Ensure emails with attachments and all generated drawings and technical documents are published and stored correctly in our Deltek document control system.
- Communicate to the Project team the requirements of the document control system and provide training, technical and procedural support for all users.
- Issue drawings and technical documents in a timely fashion; for approval, for construction and as built. Ensure approval responses are distributed internally as appropriate.
- Provide the team with timely and accurate answers to document control related queries.
- Ensure that any document discrepancies are escalated to your line manager and that all problems are resolved in a timely fashion.
- Administer external document control systems such as 4Projects, Aconex, Dropbox, Asite, Business collaborator, Dalux and Projectwise and understand clients processes and procedures.
- Follow document naming and numbering protocol in accordance with the BIM (Building Information Management) execution plan as agreed with the client.
- Attention to detail
- Effective teamwork and good communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Reader
- Experience of using an electronic document control system essential.
The above list is not exhaustive but it covers the main duties of the Document Controller.
There may be other duties, not mentioned here, which become part of the job.
Please apply to email@example.com