*trainee or experienced candidate considered*
We are looking for an enthusiastic Draughtsperson to join our busy Glazing Division, based at our office in Christchurch. The successful candidate will have proven experience in using AutoCAD as strong knowledge of this software is essential to the role.
Our Company has the capability to supply the full building envelope, so you’ll be working with internal steel and cladding colleagues to ensure integration of glazing elements as part of our structural steel projects, as well as working on some stand alone glazing projects. As you’ll be required to liaise with other areas of the business, you will need to possess strong communication skills. Experience in aluminium windows and curtain walling would be advantageous although not essential.
Training offered for a candidate with a good attitude, attention to detail and desire to learn.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Producing detailed AutoCAD drawings of aluminium windows, doors, curtain walling, louvres, sunscreen, steel doors, steel fire rated screens and other products produced/installed by REIDglazing. Drawings to meet approval of architects, client and main contractor.
- Producing fabrication schedules, cutting lists and installation details suitable for workshop and construction site.
- Being cost conscious in relation to the contract works, estimate, programme and selection of the correct product, method of manufacture and installation.
- Providing packing lists and crate inventories.
- Attending contract launch meetings.
- Liaising with Glazing Estimator, Drawing Office, Sales and designers, etc to ensure coordination and integration of the various elements of the building and adherence to client requirements.
- Advising of any changes that may incur extra costs and charges.
- Attending meetings with clients, architects, main contractors and suppliers presenting our products and services in a professional manner.
- Compilation of data sheets and operating instructions for input to the Maintenance Manual which we are required to provide on completion of every project/building under the CDM Regulations.
- Effectively communicate at all levels.
- Ability to adopt a proactive approach to work and use own initiative.
- Prioritising workload.
- Time management.
- Flexibility to take on new tasks if requested.
- Attention to detail.
The above list is not exhaustive but it covers the main duties of the Glazing Draughtsperson.
There may be other duties, not mentioned here, which become part of the job.
Please apply to email@example.com