We are looking for an enthusiastic Draughtsperson to join our busy Glazing discipline, based at our office in Christchurch. The successful candidate will have proven experience in using AutoCAD as strong knowledge of this software is essential to the role.
As a Glazing Draughtsperson, you will be able to successfully work as part of a team and on your own. You will be required to liaise with other areas of the business and will therefore possess strong communication skills. Experience in aluminium windows and curtain walling would be advantageous although not essential.
A trainee would also be considered.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Complying with all relevant Company Health, Safety and Environmental policies.
• Working in accordance with our Company Values.
• Producing detailed AutoCAD drawings of aluminium windows, doors, curtain walling, louvres, sunscreen, steel doors, steel fire rated screens and other products produced/installed by REIDglazing. Drawings to meet approval of architects, client and main contractor.
• Producing fabrication schedules, cutting lists and installation details suitable for workshop and construction site.
• Being cost conscious in relation to the contract works, estimate, programme and selection of the correct product, method of manufacture and installation.
• Providing packing lists and crate inventories.
• Attending contract launch meetings.
• Liaising with Glazing Estimator, Drawing Office, Sales and designers, etc to ensure coordination and integration of the various elements of the building and adherence to client requirements.
• Advising of any changes that may incur extra costs and charges.
• Corresponding with clients, engineers and architects.
• Attending meetings with clients, architects, main contractors and suppliers presenting our products and services in a professional manner.
• Reporting to the Glazing Department Manager and working closely with the estimating, ordering and production members of the team.
• Particular attention must be paid to specification and customer requirements to ensure any modifications are agreed by the customer.
• Particular attention must be drawn to our Company’s requirements to fulfil its obligations under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and CDM Regulations. Every project must have a proper design risk assessment carried out at the time of design so that future maintenance requirements have been allowed for. Our requirements to consider the above for construction need only be addressed in detail when the project becomes an order.
• A sound knowledge, input and consideration is required concerning ISO9001, BS Standards, EN Standards and Factory Production Control.
• Compilation of data sheets and operating instructions for input to the Maintenance Manual which we are required to provide on completion of every project/building under the CDM Regulations.
• Effectively communicate at all levels.
• Ability to adopt a proactive approach to work and use own initiative.
• Prioritising workload.
• Time management.
• Flexibility to take on new tasks if requested.
• Attention to detail.
The above list is not exhaustive but it covers the main duties of the Glazing Draughtsperson.
There may be other duties, not mentioned here, which become part of the job.
Please apply to email@example.com