John Reid & Son Ltd (REIDsteel) has stepped up its support of the Dorset Business Awards (DBA) as a platinum sponsor.
We’re proud to back the annual extravaganza to recognise the most outstanding and deserving companies and business people in the county.
Our Managing Director Simon Boyd and Operations Manager Donna Campo attended the DBA launch at the historic St Giles House in Wimborne St Giles.
Simon said: “As a four-times winner of the Queen’s Award for Enterprise and a previous DBA winner, we know just how valuable recognition of this kind is.
“As well as raising a winner’s profile, success gives employees a great sense of pride and drives the business on to greater heights.”
Simon added: “We wanted to strengthen our support of the award as a platinum sponsor this year following our successful sponsorship of the Exporter of the Year category in 2017.
“I would encourage all companies to enter one or several of the categories this year to help show just how vibrant and successful our business community is in Dorset.”
The awards are organised by Dorset Chamber of Commerce and Industry. The categories, which are now open for entries, are:
- Business Leader of the Year Award sponsored by Dorset Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP)
- Creative Impact Award sponsored by Liz Lean PR and Digipigz
- Dorset Environmental Business Award sponsored by Poole Harbour Commissioners (PHC) and Dorset Wildlife Trust
- Employee Health and Wellbeing Award sponsored by BWT Physio and Ouch Team Training
- Exporting Excellence Award sponsored by HSBC and PSP Worldwide Logistics
- Lester Aldridge Company of the Year Award
- Outstanding Customer Service Award, sponsored by Beales Gourmet at the Italian Villa and Teachers Building Society
- PKF Francis Clark Family Business Award
- TeamJobs Team of the Year Award
- The ScaleUp Award for Business Growth, sponsored by Enhanced
- Developing Talent Award sponsored by Sunseeker
- UK Health Insurance Investing in Dorset Award
- Young Apprentice Ambassador of the Year sponsored by Superior Seals
The theme of this year’s Dorset Business Awards is ‘Together We Succeed’.
Entries are to open to all businesses with a BH or DT postcode – including non-Dorset Chamber members.
The deadline for entries is Friday August 3. The awards night and gala dinner is on November 1, 2018 in the Windsor Hall at the Bournemouth International Centre.
Visit the Dorset Business Awards website for more details and to enter.