We are looking for an enthusiastic Trainee Window Fabricator to join our small team in our Glazing workshop. You would be working from design drawings to cut and fabricate windows, doors and/or curtain walling. This will involve using automated machinery and hands on assembly work.
Experience in a similar industry or manufacturing facility would be advantageous, although not essential as full training will be given to the right candidate with practical abilities, who shows a keen attitude to learn and to work hard.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Trainee Window Fabricator:
- Complying with all relevant Company Health, Safety and Environmental policies and appropriate Risk Assessments.
- Safely operating various machinery, including automated saw, CNC machine, crimper, copy router, pillar drill, end saws and others.
- Undertaking assembly work of windows and doors utilising hand power tools and other tools.
- Handling materials and finished products in line with manual handling procedures.
- Packing and loading of finished products and accessories ready for site deliveries and export.
- Unloading and checking of incoming deliveries.
- Attending sites to carry out remedial work, if required.
- Attention to detail and takes pride in own work.
- Good team player.
- Keen to work and motivated to learn.
- Practical skills.
If you are successful, you will receive a competitive salary plus the potential for overtime which may be offered on occasion to meet business demands in busy periods.
You must be willing to assist in other areas of our manufacturing process should the need arise and to learn new skills. Training will be given where needed. The above list is not exhaustive but it covers the main duties of the Trainee Window Fabricator. There may be other duties, not mentioned here, which become part of the job.
Applications to include C.V. to:
John Reid & Sons
Tel. +44 (0) 1202 483333