We are looking for an enthusiastic Shipping & Dispatch Administrator Assistant to join our busy Shipping Office on a Part-Time basis. The successful candidate would be required to work 2 days per week on a 13 month Fixed Term Contract.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Complying with all relevant Company Health, Safety and Environmental policies.
- To receive parts lists from the drawing office, import / input data into an Excel spreadsheet to make a complete list of all parts and accessories required for each contract (the despatch inventory).
- Prepare a loading list for each despatch consignment, listing the individual parts, bundles, crates and packages of materials for despatch in the particular consignment, and issue this loading lists to the yard personnel prior to loading.
- At the completion of loading of each container / truck, carryout a check on the total weight of goods loaded, as marked off by the yard personnel on the green loading list, to ensure the maximum weight has not been exceeded.
- Complete SSN (Standard Shipping Note), CMR (Road Transport Document), or despatch note for each despatch consignment.
- To keep an accurate and complete record of all the items despatched for each and every contract – the despatch inventory record. Reconcile any discrepancies in quantities of parts despatched. Record discrepancies on a non-conformity report and advise the Shipping and Despatch Coordinator, also the Commercial Director for a decision on corrective action.
- Assist the Shipping and Despatch Coordinators and the Commercial Director with various administrative tasks.
- Be computer literate, have good skills with Excel spreadsheets and demonstrate the ability to work to a high level of accuracy.
- Use initiative to ensure that all tasks are organised and produced to required standards within specified timescales.
- Have good communication skills and be able to effectively liaise with department managers and others about deadlines on particular contracts.
- Be pro-active in your approach to your work and in the recommendation of improvement to current practices.
- Professionalism and confidentiality.
- Good team work.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Communication at all levels.
The above list is not exhaustive but it covers the main duties of the Shipping & Despatch Administrator Assistant role.
There may be other duties, not mentioned here, which become part of the job.
Please apply to email@example.com