We design, manufacture and construct high quality steel structures including industrial buildings, aircraft hangars and their electro-mechanical doors, warehouses, grandstands, multi-storey buildings, car parks and bridges, as well as defence equipment, manual and electric roller shutter doors, windows and curtain walling.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Programmer to join a UK based company with an enviable global presence. You will be reporting directly to the Design and IT Department and be responsible for the writing of our own in house software.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Complying with all relevant Company Health, Safety and Environmental policies.
• Ensure that all work carried out is done safely in accordance with the Company’s Health, Safety and Environmental policies and appropriate Risk Assessments.
• Working to tasks and deadlines.
• Updating existing software.
• Creating new windows forms software to automate existing processe4s.
• Identifying new opportunities where possible.
• Assisting the Design/IT Department where necessary
• Good communication skills
• Experience writing in VB.NET and other languages in the .NET framework
• Knowledge of SQL
• Some knowledge of the construction industry / structural design would be ideal but not essential
REIDsteel has been writing its own software since the 1970s to give itself a competitive advantage over the market and improve productivity. We need a good communicator and self-motivated individual to work with the many departments within the organisation.
If the candidate has a structural engineering background, there may be opportunities to work in structural design in addition to day-to-day programming.
Applications to include C.V. to:
John Reid & Sons
Tel. +44 (0) 1202 483333