We design, manufacture and construct high quality steel structures including industrial buildings, aircraft hangars and their electro-mechanical doors, warehouses, grandstands, multi-storey buildings, car parks and bridges, as well as defence equipment, manual and electric roller shutter doors, windows and curtain walling.
As an Erection Manager you will work within the Contracts Department and liaise with the wider project team to manage the construction and delivery of your assigned projects.
You will be expected to approach your work in a flexible manner which will involve travel and working away from home on a regular basis.
You will adopt a safety first approach and be a reputable ambassador for the Company.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Complying with all relevant Company Health, Safety and Environmental and CDM policies and procedures.
- Compiling and producing project specific method statements, erection sequences and risk assessments.
- Carrying out a project specific review of the risk assessments for which you are responsible for
- Making pre-site inspections and ensuring that the Safe Site Handover Certificate is properly administered and is in place prior to the commencement of works
- Attend regular contracts coordination meetings, project meetings and client meetings as required
- Liaise and communicate with the Contracts Management Team on all contractual matters
- Work with Contracts Management Team to provide information for target programmes
- Communicate with designers to ensure safe construction methods are achievable and incorporate incorporating any temporary stability requirements
- Ensuring that work on site reflects the project programme in a safe and controlled manner
- Ensuring that all site documentation is completed and returned to the Contracts Administrator in a timely manner. Including but not limited to; Daily Site Reports, Completion Handover Certificates, toolbox talks, NCRs, HAVS Forms etc.
- Negotiating and agreeing prices or rates with sub-contractors, reputable plant and crane hire companies, to comply with budget requirements
- Inspect and copy all relevant certificates or competence cards. Copies of these must be given to the QHSE Department.
- Checking and signing off invoices for labour, materials and equipment for projects that you are responsible for and reconciling against budget.
- Maintain high quality standards of work and compliance with the project specification
- To record all events that have an impact on progress, sequence, cost, material or any other contractual matter, and issue evidence to the Contracts Team
- To liaise with the Project and Contracts Teams to ensure that all delivery schedules are maintained.
- Comply with the Company reporting procedure with regard to any unsafe activities, near misses and incidents.
- Liaise with Contracts Team with regards to Overseas Supervision
- Controlling erectors holiday entitlement
- Work with the Contracts Administrator to arrange appropriate accommodation for site teams while working away from home.
- Promote the Company’s blame free culture and maintain a high morale on site.
- To ensure that all matters of a disciplinary or grievance nature are dealt with promptly through the HR Department.
- SMSTS qualified
- CSCS Managers card
- AP qualified desirable but not necessary
- Knowledge of AUTOCAD desirable but not necessary
- Knowledge of BIM
- Microsoft office proficient
- Management skills
- Time management
- Willing to work away from home
- Full UK driving licence
The above list is not exhaustive but it covers the main duties of the QHSE Administrator.
There may be other duties, not mentioned here, which become part of the job.
Please apply to email@example.com