We are looking for an enthusiastic Document Controller to join our Drawing Office team. This is a new role within our growing Company.
Reporting to the Drawing Office Director, the successful candidate will be a key member of the project team, helping to support the smooth and effective running of the department.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Comply with all relevant Company Health, Safety and Environmental policies.
- Ensure that all work carried out is done safely in accordance with the Company’s Health, Safety and Environmental policies and appropriate Risk Assessments.
- Utilise an effective document control system for all enquiries and projects, ensuring that it is tailored to suit the needs of the Company.
- Ensure version control and that all relevant people have access to the latest documents at all times.
- Maintain accurate records of all drawings and other construction documents issued by consultants and contractors through each stage of the project. Process a large number of documents daily, including printing and distribution.
- Establish from outset a close relationship with the Design Department, Drawing Office, Contracts Department and Sales Office.
- Ensure emails with attachments and all Drawing Office generated drawings and documents are published and stored correctly.
- Communicate to the Project Team the abilities of the document control system and provide training, technical and procedural support for all users.
- Issue our own drawings in a timely fashion; drawings for approval, for construction and as built drawings. Ensure responses are distributed internally as appropriate.
- Establish and maintain a report diary in order to deliver accurate and timely reports related to document control as requested (e.g. outstanding approvals, unanswered RFIs etc.)
- Provide the team with timely and accurate answers to document control related queries.
- Ensure that any document discrepancies are escalated to your Line Manager and that all problems are resolved in a timely fashion.
- Administer external document control systems such as 4Projects, Aconex, Dropbox, etc.
- Collate documents for the issue of Operation & Maintenance manuals to ensure that approved and finalised documents are issued to the Client at Practical Completion.
- At the end of the project, ensure that all project files are collated and correctly archived for easy and accurate retrieval.
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, AutoCAD and Adobe Reader
- Effective team work
- Experience of using an electronic document control system essential.
The above list is not exhaustive but it covers the main duties of the Document Controller.
There may be other duties, not mentioned here, which become part of the job.
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org