We are looking for an enthusiastic Aluminium Window Fabricator to join our small team in our Glazing workshop. You would be working from design drawings to cut and fabricate windows, doors and/or curtain walling. This will involve using automated machinery and hands on assembly work.
Experience fabricating aluminium windows, doors and curtain walling is essential, however experience in PVC windows would be considered as specific training can be given. Experience using mitre saws and CNC machines would be advantageous.
Duties and Responsibilities of the Aluminium Window Fabricator:
- Complying with all relevant Company Health, Safety and Environmental policies and appropriate Risk Assessments.
- Safely operating various machinery, including automated saw, CNC machine, crimper, copy router, pillar drill, end saws and others.
- Undertaking assembly work of windows and doors utilising hand power tools and other tools.
- Handling materials and finished products in line with manual handling procedures.
- Packing and loading of finished products and accessories ready for site deliveries and export.
- Unloading and checking of incoming deliveries.
- Attending sites to carry out remedial work, if required.
- Attention to detail and takes pride in own work.
- Ability to work well in a team and use your own initiative where required.
- Keen to work and motivated to learn.
- Practical skills.
If you are successful, you will receive a competitive salary plus the potential for overtime which may be offered on occasion to meet business demands in busy periods.
You must be willing to assist in other areas of our manufacturing process should the need arise and to learn new skills. Training will be given where needed. The above list is not exhaustive but it covers the main duties of the Aluminium Window Fabricator. There may be other duties, not mentioned here, which become part of the job.
Applications to include C.V. to:
John Reid & Sons
Tel. +44 (0) 1202 483333